Speaker: Jarrett Welch, Quality Paving Consultants
Who Should Attend: Government agencies, contractors, engineers, and construction managers wanting to gain a basic understanding of how to construct a quality asphalt pavement.
Cost: $175 for non-HAPI members; $150 for HAPI members. Costs includes morning refreshments and lunch. Parking is free.
Certificate Provided: 7.0 PDHs are available for attending this workshop
The goal of this one-day workshop is to provide a basic understanding of materials, production, placement and compaction operation that combine to produce a quality asphalt pavement. The workshop agenda is as follows:
• What is Quality?
• How is it achieved? Specifications
• Pre-construction Recommendations
• Mixture Designs
• Asphalt Production Facility
• Surface Preparation
• Materials Transfer
• Paving Operations
• QC/QA Testing
• Troubleshooting mat defects
– An understanding of quality
– An overview of construction of an asphalt pavement
– An understanding of the importance of quality control